Absolute Consultant Pharmacists are an important layer of oversight and protection to:
- Make sure patients/residents receive the most appropriate medications
- Assist with identifying appropriate regimens
- Save nursing staff time
- Deliver cost-effective medications
Our pharmacists and technicians combine training, skill and state-of-the-art technology to maintain an outstanding medication accuracy rating.
From chart review to proper medication dosages to accurate documentation, the clinical expertise of the Absolute team of pharmacists and quality-assurance technicians surpasses industry standards.
Clinical effectiveness and cost-management initiatives include:
- LOVENOX® worksheet - maximize the effectiveness of all LOVENOX therapy while minimizing cost. Each therapy is monitored and calculated for the dose and length of therapy. This can save 10 to 50 percent on the cost of this drug therapy.
- PROCRIT® worksheet - protocol to improve prior authorization acceptance decreases denials and maximizes medication effectiveness.
- Insulin sliding scale initiatives - provide the facility with tools and guidance to decrease the use of SS insulin orders to improve quality of care, decrease nursing time, and decrease cost of testing supplies. Industry studies illustrate up to 30 percent cost savings for Medicare and managed-care residents.
- Formulary implementation - facility-specific formulary approved by facility quality assurance team members. Formularies can save 10 to 20 percent.
- Pain protocol - facility-specific plan to enable fast and effective pain control therapy to patients. Important quality measure that can drive star rating.
Absolute Pharmacy also offers continuing education classes customized for your facility. The ongoing course offering includes:
- Alzheimer’s, dementia
- Pain management
- Fall prevention
- Infection control
- IV certification for LPNs
- Med-pass observations
- Infusion therapy training and certification